When we started our ministry in 2008, we thought that we were alone in our efforts. Since then we have found dozens of hot-lines, ministries, and organizations that are offering help, hope and healing to survivors. If we can be of assistance to you or your organization by speaking in a conference, training your staff or providing advice please don't hesitate to call us at (607) 359-4366.
1-800-4-A-CHILD (800 422-4453)
The child-help National Abuse hot line is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. Serving the United States, its territories, and Canada, the Hot-line is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who through interpreters, can provide assistance in 170 languages. The Hot-line offers crisis intervention, information, literature, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are anonymous and confidential.
- "Tear Down This wall - Sexual Abuse In The Church", by Dale Ingraham (c) 2012. This book reaches out to those in the faith community; calling them into action.
- "A Safe Place", by Jan Morrison, Shaw Books, (c) 2002, Jan Morrison. Hope and Healing for Teens, a guide for living beyond sexual abuse.
- "Helping Victims of Sexual Abuse", by Lynn Heitritter & Jeanette Vought, Bethany House Publishers, (c) 1989, 2006. A Sensitive Biblical Guide for Counselors, Victims and Families.
- "Healing from Sexual Abuse", by Kathleen, InterVarsity Press, (c) 1991. This is a small inexpensive ($1.50 each) booklet that can be handed out to victims of sexual abuse to promote healing.
- "Children and Sexual Abuse", by Victoria Johnson, InterVarsity Press, (c) 2007. A great resource for every church to have. This book offers great information on how to help children who have been through abuse, and how to deal with the offenders.
- "Invisible Girls - The Truth about sexual abuse", by Dr. Patti Feuereisen. A book for teen girls and young women.
- "Preventing Child Sexual Abuse" (Ages 5-8), by Kathryn Goering Reid, United Church Press, (c)1994. Curriculum guide which coins recommendations for preparing church leaders and parents for implementing the course in a church or organization.
- "Preventing Child Sexual Abuse" (Ages 9-12), by Kathryn Goering Reid with Marie M. Fortune, United Church Press, (c)2002.
- "Sexual Abuse Prevention", by Rebecca Voelkel-and Marie Fortune. A course of study for teenagers.